Monday, April 25, 2011

I Finally Made It to Blackberry

     Ever since I discovered the existence of Blackberry Farms, it has been my dream to visit. Blackberry Farms is a 4,200 acre, 5 star resort in Walland, TN. I was not confident that I would ever get the chance to visit this idyllic place unless I stumbled upon some large sums of money. However, I was blessed to get to nanny at Blackberry for the little girl I normally keep while her Mom taught a photography class there. 

Here are a couple of my Blackberry "loves"...  

The PROPERTY.
The property of Blackberry is ridiculously beautiful. It is located at the foothills of the Smoky Mountains which makes for some unbelievable scenery. 

The Farmstead
                                                                                 The Boat House.


This is a pavilion where you can go build a fire and relax in some rocking chairs.  This would go nicely in my backyard:)




Outside fire pit


We played mostly in the grass:)





The ROOM SERVICE.


One of my very favorite things has always been room service. Never again will I have room service like I did at Blackberry. This truly trumps all experiences. I felt like I was looking at a Food and Wine magazine, 
except this time, it was sitting on the dining room table staring 
Fine Dining with Iris:)
at me.












The ANIMALS.
Exploring Blackberry Farms was very wonderful indeed. I now want to live on a farm just so I can sit in a rocking chair with my coffee every morning and watch the sheep and chickens mosey around. Granted, my daydream doesn't really take into account the hard work to obtain such bliss. But i'll let it slide.  






The GARDEN.
Blackberry has a quaint garden where you get to see where a lot of your food  is grown! No wonder that salad was amazing.















The Gardener's Hut.


Iris and the Master Gardener. He couldn't get her to smile, so he joined her instead. 

exploring the garden



...................................................................................................



THE END.
............................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment